Coram Children’s Legal Centre’s Child Law Advice Service provides free legal advice and information on education issues.

The Child Law Advice Service website provides free legal information on topics such as:

We also run a dedicated telephone line for education law issues – please visit the Child Law Advice website for full details of the service.

Migrant and refugee children

If you are seeking advice on access to education (include further and higher education) for a child or young person subject to immigration control, see our fact sheets or contact the Migrant Children’s Project advice line.

Legal Practice

Our Legal Practice Unit (LPU) has a specialist legal aid contract to provide legal casework advice and assistance to clients in relation to certain education law matters, which are:

Our specialist legal aid contract is with Civil Legal Advice. If you need legal casework advice and assistance on an education law issue and you want to check if you are eligible for legal aid, you must contact Civil Legal Advice first. You can do that through their website or you can telephone them on 0345 345 4345 . Their line  is open on Mondays to Fridays from 9.00am to 8.00pm and on Saturdays from 9.00am to 12.30pm. If you do not qualify for legal aid through Civil Legal Advice, we can consider whether we can assist you on a privately paying basis and advise you of what fees we would charge. However, please note that our capacity to take on new cases on this basis is often limited.