Seeking Support: a guide to the rights and entitlements of separated children provides comprehensive, practical advice to professionals on how to work with unaccompanied or separated children and young people (sometimes referred to as UASCs) and ensure they access the support and protection they need.
Seeking Support covers:
- Types of immigration status and immigration applications
- The asylum process
- Citizenship applications
- Legal representation
- Local authority children’s services support
- Leaving care support/ support for young people turning 18
- Private fostering
- Age disputes and age assessments
- Access to education, including further and higher education
- Work and training
- Travelling overseas
- The criminal justice system
You can download a copy here or order a hard copy for free (postage and packing charge applies).