Under data protection laws, CCLC must protect any data we collect from you. We will respect your privacy by not holding any personal information that is not strictly necessary for the provision of our services. If we give you legal advice, we will store information relating to your case securely for six years in line with our regulatory obligations and then destroy it. We will never share your data with anyone unless you give us permission to do so, unless there are exceptional circumstances and you or others are at risk of harm.
What information we collect
CCLC collects the following kinds of information from people visiting this website:
- feedback (through visitors emailing CCLC or completing online forms)
- queries and customer satisfaction survey results (via the CCLC website)
- site usage information, using cookies and page tagging techniques
CCLC collects the followings kinds of information from people contacting its advice lines:
- Basic personal information relating to your case, including your name, contact details, and brief notes on your legal case. In line with our regulatory obligations this information will be kept securely for six years from the date you first gave it, before being destroyed. You can ask for a copy of the information we hold relating to you at any time during this period.
- if consent is given: contact details for the purposes of collecting feedback – you can withdraw this consent at any time
- feedback (through online surveys, emails and feedback calls)
CCLC collects the following kinds of information from people who attend training:
- if consent is given: contact details, in order to send monthly legal updates (from which you can unsubscribe at any time) and in order to collect feedback six months after the session. NB consent can be withdrawn at any time.
CCLC collects the following kinds of information from people who are our legal clients:
- personal information that relates to your legal case. In line with our regulatory obligations as solicitors this will be kept securely for six years from the close of the case file, or if you are a child six years from your eighteenth birthday. After that date the information will be destroyed. You can ask for a copy of the information we hold relating to you at any time during this period.
How CCLC uses your information
All information collected from you is treated with the strictest confidentiality, we do not share your personal information, unless required to do so by law. Information collected by CCLC is used to:
- monitor and evaluate our services
- take action on your case, if we have agreed to do so and consent has been given for this (e.g. to make a referral to a legal service)
- report to our funders (data is always shared on an anonymous and non-identifiable basis)
- improve the content and design of the website
- contact service users, with their consent, to complete a short questionnaire about our services.
CCLC will never share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes without your express permission. However, in exceptional circumstances where a caller gives information that suggests a person is at serious risk of harm, then a breach of confidentiality may be necessary in order to protect that person.
CCLC doesn’t pass on your personal information to any other website.
How to make a complaint
If you need to make a complaint you can do so by contacting us in the first instance on email@example.com or by contacting the Information Commissioner on 0303 123 1113, or visiting their website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
Confidentiality and Exceptional Circumstances
CCLC’s services are confidential. When an individual provides us with their name, address or phone number it will remain confidential and will not be passed on to third parties. However, in exceptional circumstances where a caller gives information that suggests a person is at serious risk of harm, then a breach of confidentiality may be necessary in order to protect that person.
Asking for information CCLC holds about you
For a copy of any information collected about you through any of the above methods, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to make sure that the site reflects your needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. If you want to prevent our cookies being stored on your computer in future, you may do so by referring to your internet browser’s instructions. You can do this by clicking on the “Help” menu. Please note, however, that if you disable our cookies you may not be able to access certain services or facilities on our site and your use of our site may be restricted. Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org.
In entering this site you as a user are accepting these terms and conditions.
Using CCLC’s website
CCLC is maintained for your personal use and viewing. The access and use of CCLC featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. They take effect from the date on which you first use this website. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting via this website any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, likely to give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violates any law. We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order lawfully requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials on this website.
Linking to CCLC
CCLC welcomes and encourages other websites to link to the information that is hosted on these pages. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
The CCLC website and material relating to information, products and services (or to third party information, products and services), is provided ‘as is’, without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, completeness and accuracy.
We do not warrant or represent that the functions contained in the material available on this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials.
In no event will we be liable for any expense, loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any expense, loss or damage whatsoever arising from use, or loss of use, of data, or loss of profits, arising out of or in connection with the use of www.coramchildrenslegalcentre.com, or reliance on its content.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. The CCLC website is not a substitute for independent professional advice and users should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.