Our free smacking children legal factsheet provides information about smacking children including:
- What is the law on smacking children?
- When will smacking become a criminal offence?
- Reasonable punishment in schools, nurseries and child care.
- Calls to ban smacking.
For advice on all areas of family, child and education law
- The telephone advice line is staffed 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday and a voicemail facility is available outside these hours.
- Please see our legal advice factsheets page for a full list.
If you cannot find the answer you are looking for try asking Lisa, your virtual online assistant, for an immediate response.
Got a Question?
Ask Lisa your legal
Call us for free legal advice
Family, Child & Education Legal Advice
08088 020 008 Mon-Fri 8am-8pm
Free legal advice on English law and policy affecting children and families.
Or see our Legal Advice Pages
Migrant Children's Project
Legal Advice Line
0207 636 8505 Mon-Fri, 10am – 6pm
Free legal advice on the rights of young refugees and migrants.
Or see our Migrant Children Pages
Legal Guides and Publications
At What Age
A guide to age-based legislation
Listen to the