Our free Parental Responsibility factsheet covers a range of legal information about parental responsibility including:
- What is parental responsibility?
- What does parental responsibility mean in practical terms?
- Who has parental responsibility?
- Can parental responsibility be transferred?
- How can unmarried fathers obtain parental responsibility?
You can also read some typical questions and answers on parental responsibility online.
New 'How to Guide' on Parental Responsibility: Click Here
New 'How to Guide' on Removal from Jurisdiction: Click Here
New 'How to Guide' on Declaration of Parentage: Click Here
For advice on all areas of family, child and education law
- The telephone advice line is staffed 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and a voicemail facility is available outside these hours.
- Please see our legal advice factsheets page for a full list.
If you cannot find the answer you are looking for try asking Lisa, your virtual search assistant, for an immediate response.