Our free Parental Responsibility factsheet covers a range of legal information about parental responsibility including:
- What is parental responsibility?
- What does parental responsibility mean in practical terms?
- Who has parental responsibility?
- Can parental responsibility be transferred?
- How can unmarried fathers obtain parental responsibility?
Click here to download this factsheet
We also have a 'How to Guide' on Parental Responsibility which is a practical guide giving step by step instructions on Parental Responsibility issues.
Click Here to download this How to Guide
DECLARATION OF PARENTAGE
For information about a dispute regarding parentage our How to Guide on Declaration of Parentage will provide a step by step guide on how to address this issue.
Click Here for this How to Guide
Please let us know your views on the Child Law Advice Service by taking part in a short survey. To do so, "click here"
For advice on all areas of family, child and education law
- The telephone advice line is staffed 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and a voicemail facility is available outside these hours.
- Please see our legal advice factsheets page for a full list.
If you cannot find the answer you are looking for try asking Lisa, your virtual search assistant, for an immediate response.