We offer a one-to-one advice line with a dedicated solicitor on all issues affecting migrant, asylum-seeking and refugee children and young people, whether they are separated or in families.
- British nationality
- European Union law
- Support for separated children and care leavers
- Age disputes
- Support for destitute families
- Private fostering and family & friends care for children with immigration issues
- Education and training for those with immigration issues
- Legal advice, representation and legal aid
- Establishing paternity in order to ascertain the nationality of a child born in UK
- Refugee family reunion
- Limited advice on family and adoption law in an immigration context.
Who can call?
Our advice line will try to help anyone with a query – front line practitioners in the statutory and voluntary sectors, parents/carers, and children and young people themselves. The demand for this line is high and we can only answer a limited number of calls. We ask that practitioners please contact us by email where possible.
If you have any difficulties accessing the advice line (such as a language barrier) please contact us by email so we can make suitable arrangements.
Before contacting us, please read the legal information on our website as this covers many of the common issues affecting migrant, asylum-seeking and refugee children.
Please note the MCP advice line is not an emergency helpline
If you have further questions and are a child, young person or family member, please call our free legal advice line or contact us by email.
Call 0207 636 8505 – line open 10am to 2pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, or email email@example.com
Our advice line provides a confidential service. We take some personal details to allow us to link follow up enquiries. Some details, such as age and query topic, are recorded and used in anonymised form to help us improve our service.
Our research, policy and campaigning work draws on the issues that arise on the advice line. All information used in this way is fully anonymised.